ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Legalize Marijuana

Posted by Ricky Phillips 
Legalize Marijuana
August 05, 2005 09:54AM
Hello my name is Ricky Phillips and i belive marijuana should be legalized. I strongly belive that alochol is more dangerous than marijuana and if they legalized alochol then they should legalize marijuana i have found a few ppl that belive the same thing and if potheads of america want marijuana to be legalized then we all have to pull togather and make it happen. Before i post the other peoples votes i would like to define Alocoholism and Marijuana along with what makes them both intoxicating. I will define alocoholiam first and will add that many people belive that alocoholism is a disease. Alocoholism-Continued excessive or compulsive use of alcoloic drinks.2 poisoning by alchohl especially: a complex chronic psycholigical and nutrituional disorder associaed with excessive and usually compulsive drinking.
The chemical in alochol that makes it intoxicating is called Ethonal-a colorless volatile flammable liquid that is the intoxicating agent in liquors and is also used as a solvent.
Marijuana-The dried leaves and flowering tops of the pistillate hemp plant that yield thc and are smoked in cigaretes for their intoxicating effects.
THC-a physiologically active chemical from hemp plant resin that is the chief intoxicant in marijuana also called tetrahydrocannabinol.
Now in your own opinion wich chemical would you rather be putting inside your body the one that is man made ethonol or the one god put on our beautifull earth thc iam not quite done with my research yet but i will be working on it untill the day marijuana is legalized. Here is what some other people think.
Weed being illegal is just downright ridiculous. Propaganda in today's media like to have you believe that smoking weed turns your mind to criminal and other violent behaviors. That is so far from the truth. Marijuana has a mellowing effect on the smokers, unlike alcohol which tends to make drinkers hostile. The only reason weed is linked to any criminal activity is because of the fact it was made illegal, so any business conducted involving weed becomes underground, hence the source of these criminal activities. If weed was legal and normal people can grow, buy, and sell them openly without fear of cops busting their doors down, then there would be no place for shady criminal underground activities to take place, because there would be no need for them. All these criminal activities involving weed would not exist if weed was legal.
This is similar to the Prohibition in the 30's on alcohol. When they made alcohol illegal, all they did was help give rise to organized crime, which found a profitable niche in bootlegging that was never there before when alcohol was still legal. By the time the gov't realized they were jackasses and lifted the prohibition, the mafias had already became deeply entrenched in society, existing to this day.
Look at the city of Vancouver, where weed is legal. Vancouver is cited as one of the best cities in the world to live in as far as quality of life is concerned. Apparently MJ's presence didn't do too much harm.
Here is another persons opinion.
I am a recovering alcoholic who still smokes weed. Pot doesn't cause people to start irrational fights, forget what they did, and it's physically impossible to OD--unlike alcohol, which can kill you. Granted, some people can have a bad paranoid panic reaction to a marijuana high. New users have to be very careful. However, after a few times that is not an issue. Alcohol does the same thing time after time--alcohol basically shuts off your brain and CNS. Prohibition of alcohol caused a major increase in crime and is an irrational option. Cannabis was put here by God for the use (not abuse) of every living being (including other species). It's time to get these dickheads out of our government who think otherwise.
stoner
Re: Legalize Marijuana
August 05, 2005 09:24PM
hell yea fight for that right any one that says no to legalizing marijuana is an ass hole and has not had the pleasure of using it or even thought about what will happen if they don't legalize it and how many people will turn to other substances like alcohole,serods,inhalents,and other drugs less satisfing then marijuana and will hate eachother because of that so make your point heard and like the beasty boys said "you got to fight for yur right "
August 19, 2005 02:55PM
i agree! pot came out in the 30's and the fucking goverment prooved it "dangerous".
but then the ppl that did toke up came up with different ways 2 get high.
#1.- pills.. you can OD on that.
#2.- lsd.. that came out in the 60's.
#3.- cocaine..70's now this was and still & is a very hard and bad drug!
#4.-and now the 80's, 90's and today. ppl are trying the lil pill X.

if the goverment just left us our natural source of getting high, pot.. do you think we would have all these everyday killers... (ODing)?
do you ever hear of any1 dieing from pot?

and the goverment blaims it on us!
bankz
August 29, 2005 09:57PM
hell no,dont legalize it
keep sellin that shit on the streets makes more profit
Bowen
September 05, 2005 01:46AM
What, Are you crazy, legalize it for definite, look at the dam where you get killer deals for 25 euro. From a HomeGrower Who makes a load any way, profit isn't the main thing. Its how strong your shit is u make!
September 10, 2005 02:55AM
Actually lsd was invented in the 30's even though it didn't become popular untill the 60's where it was made illegal in 1967. And cocaine was illegal before it became popular too. If you really want to know all the ins and outs of cannabis go here:http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

Since it's use we have adapted to using cannabis. That's why we have cannabis receptors in our brain. So we as humans have used it for thousands of years. I also suggest overgrow.com.
September 13, 2005 02:42AM
Cannabis activist at your service. There is no reason to keep marijuana illegal. To legalize it, we have to take the offense. The Enemy: A misinformation, and fear. These are the two tactics used by the opposition to keep the public from supporting cannabis.

Here is our tactic:
Grow GrassRoots Support in the community.We need to stir the soil, and make it ready for this plant to grow.

*Raise public awareness about cannabis.
This is the healthiest plant in the world, most people don't know this.

We could talk about it all we want, you will definately find alot of people out there who support it. What we need to do is get supporters to show their support on paper, or a postcard.

Thats why I designed Cannabis Postcards. I would talk to people about cannabis everywhere I went, on the bus, at school, at the hospital.. After a nice chat, they usually agree that cannabis should be legal. Then I asked myself what could be done about it. So now after I find someone who thinks it should be legal, I have them sign the back of one of my postcards, and I'll send it into congress.

September 13, 2005 07:10PM
marijuana is awesome and it should be legalized in my eyes coz its the only thing that levels me out man.
September 15, 2005 04:16PM
hey tofit email me and ill sign anything to legalize marijuana hit me up
Bob marly
September 23, 2005 01:16PM
hell yah
i love pot
September 24, 2005 02:21AM
I know it should be legalized
toked out
October 07, 2005 08:00AM
ur dumb get pot off the street put it in stores so it can be controlled like cigarettes and acohol 18 and up with it on the streets it causes crime controlle is key to getting our rights
November 15, 2005 08:57PM
I think quantities below 500 pounds should be legal, and those beyond should be awarded with a 'lots 'o weed' prize.
December 09, 2005 01:26AM
i only have two words about that : legalize it!
December 07, 2006 06:18PM
Hell,yeah, I think they outta legalize it out right, but the dinks in power will never do it! They have too much money invested in the pharmaceutical industry to legalize something that would replace the various so called "Legal Drugs" that they are trying to push on society! Despite government claims that there is no medicinal properties associated with ganja, various independant studies have found that pot is very effective in the treatment of health problems such as Glaucoma,Back Pain,MS,Insomnia,cataract difficulties and a host of others.
It sucks when you have to pay hundreds, or thousands of dollars yearly for various medications, if you can't get coverage through a Blue Cross Plan, or you have a sucky HMO! Even the street cost of weed would be considerably less than these medicines.

Tommy had the best line in his appearance on, "Nash Bridges" a few years back.
He and Cheech were waiting in line on their way into a medicinal pot store, when I think Cheech asked Tommy why he smoked pot. Tommy said,"Depression." Cheech says,"Really?" and Tommy says,"Yeah man. I get really depressed when I don't have any!"

I may have paraphrased, but I only saw it the one time, and thought it was a good line, so thought I would share it if any readers missed that episode.

If anyone is interested in reading a two part article I wrote on the various injustices associated with the ban on pot, please feel free to drop by my blog and check it out.
The address is http://www.opinions-expressed.blogspot.com

Take care all. Long live C&C
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login