ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Movin On

Posted by bobby61557 
Movin On
July 01, 2006 06:57PM
Hey Everyone
Listen to this please. I 'm going to clear yall up on something. Cheech is a really nice guy. When I worked with him on the set of Nash Bridges he was really nice to the cast and crew. He treated people with respect and was not some stuck up ass like some of the other cast membersHe didnt need some high class auto to drive him around like Yasmine Bleeth did. he rode around in a van. Yall are giving him a bad rap with this sell out shit! Cheech is building an career of Art Music and Movies along with TV. This industry has ruined thousands whom were stereo typed and not allowed to work on anything because of it. Many have committed suicide because they couldnt get work and found them seoves at rock bottom (Jan Michael Vincent becoming a drunk, Screech Selling tshirts, Dana Plato taking own life) Cheech Saw and opportunity to get more work and please many by all of his endeavors. He did not and I repete Sell out. Yall believe that if he doesnt give you what you want then hes a sellout. They pulled that same crap with MC Hsmmer. Look what happened to him. The plain truth is Tommy has chances to move ahead in the different Genres but now he cant because he always plays the stone out hippie. When He and Cheech tried to get it back Some old issues arouse out of the cream. Its a very tough business. So please dont give Cheech the business. He is a really cool dude to know. Check out his Chicano art at De Youmg Museum in San Francisco July 22 2006. He also is a spokes person for the SPCA in Roseville. So give him a break and remember him for all the albums and movies he made to make you crack up while you were hitting the fatty. Tommy stays really busy touring and is still having a good time. These two arent enemies just expanding their possibilities. So if it doesnt suit you then your the one who has the problem not them.
The Infamous Outlaw
Bobby Capps
Re: Movin On
February 08, 2007 07:59PM
that's all great and wonderful that Cheech is doing his thing,but come on now,taking a back seat to Don Johnson,that's the best you can come up with. I saw Cheech in "Shrimp on the Barbie". That movie was awsome,and he didn't need Chong. Nash Bridges is not the only project he's worked on. People don't give him a hard time becuase he was on that show or that he sold out,they give him a hard time because he's the one who went on Leno,and said we are making another movie. Why all the publicity, if your just going to back out at the last minute. Now,I don't know all the details,but that upset allot of fans. Not that it's all Cheechs fault,I'm not saying that. They are both friends,and they should of been grown up enough,to say whatever happened in the past,is in the past. That's what real friends do,most anyway. Everybody is waiting on Cheech,to say the feud is over,and we can work together again,it may never happen,why? It's just a charactor, it's not who he is,why does that scare him so? Tommy is not really a biker who smokes mad weed all the time,we know that. We respect that.Cheech is worried about being looked at as this mexican stoner/low rider. Well,sorry charlie,but that's how you started,that's what made you,but that doesn't mean,that's all your going to look like.Name one charactor that Cheech has done,that stands out more.Sure it was Cheech's talent that got him to where he is,but to say Cheech and chong itself had nothing to do with it,is insane. Now I know Cheech has never said that,but he's never said it made him either. If I started out as a moron on television,and made it famous with my best friend.Then got older,and wanted a change,I wanted to look smarter. I would ask my friend to respect my direction, but would not sware off another reunion,just because I was afriad of what people might think,I believe in doing so,he kind of screwed CHong. I mean,what was Tommy supposed to do? I know,that's Chongs problem.You don't tell a friend and buisness partner of over 16 years, I know this charactor got me here,but I don't want to be a part of that, in short,I don't want to be a part of you anymore,cause I don't want to be looked at as a low riding stoner. When people say Cheech, right afterwards,they say Chong. That's how it was,that's how it is,that's how it will always be. So if Cheech wants to be remembered as the guy who walked away from a friend and partnership,all because he was afriad of his past,and afraid how people looked at him,so be it.The Three Stooges started together and died damn near together. They were friends and family,that's how a partnership and friendship works. they didn't care how people viewed them.Cheech shouldn't be worried. The media has it's eye on young Hollywood anyway.They screw up enough, that all the focus is on them no matter what,even if Cheech and Chong did another film or not.Ask Cheech,if turning away from the biggest pay day of his life,is really worth it. Remember,it's just a charactor,it's not who you really are. Did Arnold say no to Terminator2,because he didn't want to be looked at as a robot? No disrespect to anybody, it just my opinion. I was on top of the world,when I heard they got back together,then the bottom dropped out, i would just like to know why?
Re: Movin On
February 19, 2008 03:10PM
Obviously your reply is not warranted and your remarks are based on a selfish attitude. Cheech Marin is in NO WAY <<(Read this closely) obligated to you or anyone else on this planet to continue with the C&C movies So get that inside your mind between blunts. There are many many reasons that Cheech is not doing the new movies and I must tell you Nash Bridges wasnt a big part of any of the reasons. I have infact spoken with Rae Dawn and she let me in on some of the reasons . For the respect for her I will not divulge any of it but say this. There are infact good reasons. There are infact bad reasons but there are reason and all are part.
Whether you believe it or not If Cheech goes on Leno and says, "Were doing a new movie," that was infact true. It was after that that some old problems arose. The fans can get all upset they want but dont go putting all the blame on Cheech. The axe swings both ways or did!
Now as far as the business industry "Gary Coleman will always be known as, "What chu talkin bout Willis?" That is why he doesn't work. I work in the business and by the message I read I see that you do not because you cant see the forest through the hemp.Actors have to jump through thousands of hoops to get in the movies and they work very hard studying and soem spend years and never get a movie gig. Some just look hot and get roles. Looks are a really big part of the industry standards
You do and can tell your business partner you quit it is your right to do so. It doesnt mean you hate them it means your moving on forward. The Eagles, The Beatles and so on.
The Three Stooges died broke and without work Mo Howard was washing cars on the lots for the producers and directors.The industry was way different back then with alot of sensorships and other issues. Many problems came up for the Stooges as well, such as Curly (Babe) having a stroke and couldnt work so they replaced him with Shemp who was scared to death to act. He had stage fright really bad.
Many actors do several movies like Sylvester Stalone Rockies or Rambo But thats all they do. The fact that you cant get your jollies anymore because they arent doing anything so you can get a rise is not their problem its yours. I have spoken with Tommy and met him numerous times I have covered his comedy shows with Shelby and I know the reaons why. I will not divulge this regardless of what anyone says because its their business.
I can tell you this There will not be a new movie any time soon if it happens at all! My guess NO MOVIE!

I stand behind the people involved All of them equally Im not going to piss and moan on here and push blame left and right to either of them. Now get on with your life and find new movies to watch or see the news at Cheech and Chong.com and go watch their comedy shows or buy Tommy's books or See Cheech's art show its all good I believe AKA Tommy is now available to purchase See the Weedmaster and he will set you up.
Cheech and Chong movies I believe are owned by Via Com or were. The rights to alot of works are eventually sold out by the actors. Don Johnson sold Nash Bridges to Parmount and they now collect ont he reruns.
As for naming another movie that Cheech did that worked Born in East L.A. was a great movie Way better than Shrimp on the Barbie. I believe not only was it written by Cheech, but, it but he directed it as well.Tin Cup was a good movie and I liked Cheech's character in that as well. not all actors can do Accademy award winning movies but they move on knowing their careers will end if they don't
You need to do more work before you start making speechs on thing beyond your control.
Tommy Chong and Cheech Marin are still friends.
John Travolta Started as a sweat hog He no longer does movies with the rest of Welcome Back Kotter cast. They are pretty much all gone now from the industry with except of Freddy Boom boom Washington. He play Joe Jackson in the American Dream.
Next time don't be rude asking, "Is that all you got," because I got game way beyond you. Opinions will go on but know the facts first if you please.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login