ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Special Request

Posted by boomerguy 
Special Request
August 15, 2006 08:56PM
OK Weedmaster, lets see if you've got the goods.

My name is Leo and a fan of C&C for more years than my damaged brain cells can remember. The reason for sending you this is that I was listening to the Opie & Anthony radio show in NY this morning and Tommy was on promoting his new book. Coincidentally,I too am writing a novel called “Been There/Done That – Memories of an Oldie but Goodie.” It is a look at my life growing up during the baby boomer era. Not a hardcore “I’m a Mr. Know-it-all” type of writing, but a humorous view into my personal memory lane reflecting the same trials and tribulations that confronted most baby boomers growing up in the free spirited joie de vivre years of the 50’s, 60’s, & continues until the day I am drafted for the Vietnam War.

I would like you to ask Tommy if he might take the time to offer a comment or two to grace the back cover (if/when it published). It doesn't even have to be about the book. If he would just add a line or two about the period, even if it is not an endorsement, I would consider it an honor and place his comments on the back cover page. Of course, once the book is published, a copy will be waiting for him in his mailbox.

Sample #1: Whenever someone mentions the good old days, rest assure they are no longer talking about the Roaring Twenties. This book touches on why so many baby boomers feel this way…………Tommy Chong

or

Sample #2: Better read with Panama Red......Tommy Chong

OK - these are pretty shitty examples but I'm sure he'll get the idea. If he can be swayed in any way to offer a sentence or two, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time,
Leo

Re: Special Request
August 20, 2006 11:46PM
Hi
We'll forward your request on. Here's what happened when Tommy was on Opie & Anthony.

-Waiting for this interview to start was tedious because they were busy doing(stealing) bits that Stern did already. ie the educational video on homosexuality and the homeless game.
-O&A sabotaged the interview with Tommy because they were upset that Chong did Stern first (yesterday). This was confirmed by insiders.
-They said Tommy should be thrown in jail for a couple of the movies he made. They were complete DICKS to him.
-Interview lasted under five minutes. They said they had to go to a commericial and then kicked Tommy out.
-They pretended like they didn't know the name of the book even though Simon & Schuster explained everything to their producer.

We received more hits during his appearance on Stern than his appearance on O&A. More people still listen to Stern...even though they have to pay for it.

-WM
Re: Special Request
August 22, 2006 07:17PM
Thanks Mr. W,
I appreciate the reply and hopefully I'll hear back from you or someone.

As an FYI, as the boys on the top floor say, I've been a major Howard fan since Boy Gary was still a boy. But when Howard left terrestrial radio, I've had to choose between some Z-Morning Zoo, Easy Listening Magic 101, or O&A. Oh wo is me.

Tks for the insight on the O&A appearance. Now it makes sense because I felt they weren't treating him with the kind of respect he deserves and earned. I just never put 2 & 2 together.

Anyway, tks again,
Boomerguy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login