ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

cheeck is a sellout

Posted by dan the pot man 
cheeck is a sellout
July 18, 2005 02:25AM
cheech is a f**king sellout with his tie and buttonup shirt.....i dont think there will be another cheech and chong movie....but i would like to see chong make a movie WITHOUT CHEECH...even though i loved cheech...hes a trader and i lost all respect for him....
stoner
Re: cheeck is a sellout
August 05, 2005 09:30PM
why do you give a f*%# if cheech is doing good for him self your just jellious that you not doing as good as he is . and it would not be a cheech and chong movie or a classic with out both cheech and chong.

___ stay happy cheech
August 30, 2005 09:46PM
we are all sell outs u just hide it well or don't face it well face the truth your a sell out!
September 02, 2005 01:21AM
Business is business bro. Agreed, I feel bad that Chong (according to an interview) took it hard when they broke the team and felt quite depressed, but Richard "Cheech" Marin's no fool. The act had become stale and their last movie (Corsican Brothers?) bombed atrociously. It was time to move on and reinvent themselves.

While Cheech seemed to get the most exposure after the breakup, I've seen Tommy Chong play some straight roles (Prof Van Helsing in an episode of 'Sliders' for one ) that showed me the man can play it straight if given a chance.

Just now I read the deal's off for Cheech & Chong get blunt ... crap! :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2005 01:27AM by Trippin in court.
October 22, 2005 05:44PM
Cant blame the man at all.
He is just trying to break the typecast of the stoner.
He is only thinking of business.
Thats not a bad thing, its responsible.
Can you serioulsy sit here and say he sold out?
If you have that attitude you obviously have no adult responsibility.
We adults love cannabis just like you younger kids do , However we are able to hide it behind yuppy clothes and all that for the sake of business.
The roll of the slacker stoner is not a good one to portray in todaysd world.
We need a marc emery type image out there.
People whom love cannabis and smoke it daily BUT are also able to be very productive members of society.
Leaders if you will.
maybe he has a plan to kill off the notion that cannabis smokers are all alike...

OR maybe he was not happy with that particular script and is in works to make a better movie with tommys help...

You never know, the bottom line is LEAVE THE MAN ALONE he is a icon and has paid his dues to the cannabis community even if he never makes another film again....
November 16, 2005 06:09AM

Cheech is only a sell-out if he thinks that weed is now bad. all drugs have their place in our society. Most of us know the truth behind alcohol, coke, crank, weed, ecstacy or anything else that F*(&s us up.

It's cool that Cheech wants to move on, as he has been around doing different roles re-inventing himself. So why can't Cheech re-invent his role. Yeah, he's a stoner still, but things change, and at times he has to grow up. However, whenever Tommy shows up, S&*t happens. they get in trouble, do some drugs (Cheech by accident), they trip out together, go on an adventure, realize they miss each other, but after the fun, they go their separate ways.

If I could think up this in just a few seconds, why can't Cheech and Chong. It is time for a reunion, and it does not have to be cheezy. Work it out!
Alter Vision
Re: cheech is a sellout <my ass>
November 20, 2005 03:11PM
Cheeh and Chong are some of the most timeless characters for all generations of smokers and drug addicts, even for those who choose to stick it sober have laughed as they watched a C & C movie. For anyone to call either of them a sell out is only is "want" for more. Theirs nothin i'd rather see than another cheech and chong movie, but even jus going back to the works they've already created on both audio and video would be enough to last for generations to come. Im sure the both of them have tossed around idea's that we the fans could only dream of.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login