ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Why Cheech may be reluctant to revive the old C&C

Posted by malibumike65 
Why Cheech may be reluctant to revive the old C&C
December 07, 2006 06:27PM
I can't say for sure, but maybe the reason why Cheech is not to enthusiastic about a return to the good old days with Tommy is after seeing the way that good ole Uncle Sam treated his buddy, he would rather go through life without a target on his back too! With his TV and movie career taking off as it has, he does stand to lose a lot if the feds decided to blackmail him also!
Just a thought!
Re: Why Cheech may be reluctant to revive the old C&C
February 06, 2007 09:54PM
That's crazy. Look, the Feds couldn't arrest you or herass you for playing a role in a film. What would Cheech lose? Has he been breakin the charts in the movies as of late that I don't know about? Has he gotten a hit television show coming?Is don Johnson looking for another stand-in comic? I didn't mean to sound upset,but come on. The reason for him pulling out of any chance of a reunion is simple,he's afraid that he will be looked at as this stoner mexican,who can only play these types of roles. That's the reason he got out in the first place. He wanted to be a serious actor,but how can you say that.Even if it's a Cheech and Chong movie,is that not serious acting? Your in front of a camera,so what's the difference?? People tell me, dude,you get to emotional about this stuff,well here's what I say.You damn right I get emotional about this stuff,because they were the funniest comedic duo the world has ever seen,and to blow off any chance for a reunion,just because you don't want people remembering who you were,is pathetic. Purely pathetic. You are what you started out as,and it will never go away. So Cheech wants to look more republican in the eye's of his new found fan base,fine. The rich,white anti-countercoulture fan base he so longs to imbrace,just fine. We'll see how far his career goes on that cloud. I love these guy's,and to see them not want to come together,blows my mind.Their friends, why they can't just shake hands and do some business together is beyond me. Sorry if it sounded harsh. I wasn't coming down on you MalibuMike. Just upset over the whole thing,just like the rest of you.My apoligies for the bitterness.
March 05, 2007 07:39PM
I feel the same way,my Friend!I guess All we can do is hope that soon,we WILL see a C&C reunion!In the Meantime,I am looking to make friends,with all you groovy people!
Short Bio:
Job:Mail Clerk
Hobbies:Writing,Reading,Painting,Working Out,Lots More!
Interests:Drama,Music,History,Lots More!

ALL YOU GROOVY Fans,write me!
March 20, 2007 03:31PM
I am 37 years old and i'm still a stoner! I have waited forever always hearing about this so called movie and have yet to see anything come of it.I would love nothing more than for these two to say "fuck it,let's do it for our die hard fans!!" Cheech will always be remembered for his role in the dynamic duo no matter where he goes or what he does so he needs to get his head out of his ass and do it for his fans!! "Party on dudes"
March 28, 2007 04:06PM
Fucking A Weedman. Keep the faith, it may just happen.
March 31, 2007 05:37AM
stoner for life here
May 08, 2008 06:03PM
You Know,I have been a HUGE Fan and Supporter,of Cheech and Chong,for some time,now.And,Honestly,they mean SOOO Much,to SOOO Many,and have Made SOOO many of us Hip People happy!We REALLY need more people,like them,around,today!They tell it like it is!they (particuarally Tommy)Stand up for what they know to be right,and just want the Right,to be themselves,and live their lives,and make a living!
I wonder,if there is something,I can do to help.like get them back together,try to get,O (Let's just say!) Natural cures legal,stuff like that!Do you think protests,would still do,any good?
July 30, 2008 05:09AM
There's no reason for Cheech not to do it. Do it because a lot of people have never seen a Cheech and Chong performance, and is a huge factor in what made them popular.

With the way things are right now, we all could use the humor and satire that they were so great at. The albums hold up (in any format).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login