ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Scene for Movie
June 07, 2008 09:24PM
INT. TV ROOM AFTERNOON
DAVE IS WATCHING TELEVISION WITH HIS BUDDY STRAWBERRY. THE ROOM IS DARK AND DINGY. THE SONG, “FOUR CORNERED ROOM, BY WAR” PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND. THE SONG IS BEING PLAYED ON AN OLD RECORD PLAYER THAT WAS STOLEN FROM A SCHOOL DISTRICT AND THE SPEAKERS ARE THE TYPE THAT WERE USED AT DRIVE IN THEATERS.
CU: OF SCHOOL DISTRICT PROPERTY STICKER, PULL BACK TO STEREO AND DRIVE IN SPEAKERS
THE WALLS ARE COVERED WITH POSTERS AND CHICANO STYLE ART. THERE IS A BIG COKE MACHINE AGAINST ONE OF THE WALLS.

They are passing a joint back and forth, each toke is harder and stronger than the previous toke. They seem to be involved in a sort of hippie dueling banjos, except with marijuana cigarettes. Strawberry takes a super toke and has smoke coming out of his ears because he has no more room in his lungs, mouth or throat. He nods his head as he passes the joint to Dave.
*SFX, UNDER

DAVE
Oh wow Strawberry, I think your hair’s on fire.
Strawberry is really stoned and eyes are red and glazed over.

STRAWBERRY
(reaches up to check his head)
What...fire... on my head?
Dave get’s up and runs as if he is the one on fire. Dave wrestles with a big aquarium picks it up and runs towards Strawberry, he sloshes gross fish water all over the floor.

STRAWBERRY (CONT’D)
What the fuck? If you got the munchies, there’s some tunafish in the fridge.

Dave comes to a screeching halt and dumps the entire aquarium’s contents on Strawberry’s head (fish, rocks, treasure chest, etc.) A scuba-diver statue hangs out of Straberry’s mouth and it is still connected to the pump. Strawberry tries to talk with the scuba-diver hanging from his bottom lip.

STRAWBERRY (CONT’D)
(unintelligible)
What did daa my fish... ahhh do?

DAVE
Just think what might have happened if I wasn’t here!

Strawberry is in a sort of super stoned state of shock. He mumbles and points at his floor as fish shake on the soaked shag carpeting.

STRAWBERRY
... one fish, two fish, red fish... blue fish...

Dave is sloshing through the water trying kick water under the couch and soak a spot up with an old washcloth but, it’s all in vain because of the size of the mess.

DAVE
I’m trying to clean this mess up before your old lady comes home and blames me for this and all you can do is quote Dr. Suess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login