ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Stoner Retirement Home

Posted by SmokeRingHalo 
SmokeRingHalo
Stoner Retirement Home
August 18, 2004 05:04PM
Regarding the new movie - I always wanted to see Cheech play "Red" from "Next Movie again. That character was hilarious!
Also - (my memories not what it used to be) - which movie was it they were talking about opening up a stoner retirement home? I always wanted to see that idea played out - and now they have an opportunity to include it in the new movie as a way to explain their age, link their movies, and pay homage to their past. Any thoughts?
Re: Stoner Retirement Home
August 23, 2004 03:10AM
the name of the movie was nice dreams.
August 23, 2004 06:48PM
SmokeRingHalo,
I wrote a screen play called "Glory Daze" which includes the items you talked about, plus a screen where Cheech speaks to the gathered crowd about the "compassionate conservative" attack on medicinal marijuana providers and users, and the hypocracy of current anti-marijuana laws...

Cheech:
...they kick down the doors of doctors trying to help sick people feel better and even put people in prison just for selling a bong, man...

Chong:
wow, man!

Cheech:
It ain't right, man!
November 26, 2004 02:58PM
the movie that they mention the retirement home is The next movie.I`m 50 yrs. old and want to know where to sign up for this home???I want to get on the list before it fills up.
Jim
November 28, 2004 12:00PM
rick saari sr. -

Word up: the movie w/the retirement home mentioned in it IS "Nice Dreams".

#1 - Up in Smoke
#2 - Next Movie
#3 - Nice Dreams
(ect.)

Tommy actually refers to it as "Laid Back Manor" when they're talking about it. It's the scene linking them coming out of the house after Cheech makes those crappy burnt tortillas and tries to feed it to that blind guy; and right before they go to see "Jimmy the Genius" who's trying to grow electric weed or something. Cheech is asking him for more buds while Tommy's robbing them out of a garbage can in the back....And as far as I know there isn't a "laid back manor" for real. Perhaps Tommy should start one? LOL!

p.s. here's something I don't seem to know - what is the character name of the blind guy in the scene I described?

Any clue Weedmaster?
February 16, 2005 12:20AM
Ya man a real "Laid Back Manor" would be amazing. Who knows, maybe in Canada in the next twenty years or so we'll be able to actaully see something like that come to exist. I mean you never know when Majiuana will be leagalized, and by the time my generation gets into power, I'm 22, who knows what's gonna happen. Man, it could be f---ing awesome.
Durable
April 30, 2005 04:15PM
"Laid Back Manor" was in Cheech & Chongs "Nice Dreams".I think thats what they should name there new movie,"laid back manor" that would be cool to see them take that from there old movie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login