ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

spanglish lyrics to Up In Smoke

Posted by joey 
spanglish lyrics to Up In Smoke
February 20, 2006 10:48PM
all of the lyrics sites copied one dumbass who guessed the lyrics (he doesn't know spanish). even this site links to it.

quote: (for the Spanish part, i'll write it the way I here it)

yes, even his english sucks.

this is what he writes:

Up in smoke
Donde todos es mi rey
There are no signs
Que dice no fumer
So I roll un "bomber"
Y me doy, un buen toke-ay
Y despues I choke
Y todos mis cares
Go up in smoke

i know there are errors here. for example,

it should say:

donde todo es [mi rey] (singular)
there are no signs que dicen no fumer (plural)

this is audibly clear.

also i would just spell toke-ay: toque according to spanish orthography.

given the errors above, i have low confidence that [mi rey] is correct. the problem i have is hearing [mi rey] - I hear something like [v]riré/liré (phonetically) - but can't find a word that fits.

i would like to get a definitive answer as to what the correct spanglish lyrics are here - if not from cheech himself, then from someone with a bit more credibility. it would be nice to sing it round the campfire knowing this is the way cheech would do it.

muchas gracias mis yesqueros!
Re: spanglish lyrics to Up In Smoke
February 20, 2006 11:47PM
I have to add that the lyrics site cheechandchong.com links to,
http://geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/4682/lyrics/lyrics.html

is overall really lousy. half the pages don't work at all and the others are done apparently from memory, and not too well.

i'd get rid of that link. there are surely better lyrics pages available. for that matter, why not host them here? this is the definitive, authoritative, authorized, official cheech 'n chong site, after all...
Re: spanglish lyrics to Up In Smoke
October 18, 2022 04:56AM
The lyric is- Up in smoke donde todo es libre. My wife is a native speaker, she agreed. The one her nor I can get is when he says- so i say (arrebatao?) (All the best of you can find?) Porque all of the time is get high time. I don't think cheech actually speaks Spanish very well is the trouble.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login