ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

question for weedmaster

Posted by troy_225 
question for weedmaster
July 16, 2008 10:42PM
hi in an april 2006 interview with chong in high times chong said back in the day that he didnt know that cheech and him were broke up for four years and he went to the last cheech and chong and he wasn't in it... what was the movie he was talking about? born in east l.a.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2008 10:44PM by troy_225.
Re: question for weedmaster
July 23, 2008 12:47PM
Yes, I think he meant Born in East LA.
Thanks
-WM
July 31, 2008 05:02PM
If I am correct your in contact with Cheech & Chong is that true? If so I am curious if they remember a venue that they played at in Hollywood and this is before any of their movies and I think before any album releases. It was like right before they hit it big. They use to have on stage with them a wardrobe case and I remember them doing skits like both them on all fours sniffing FiFi and both them sitting in chairs (on a park bench) and Tommy in a hat and trench coat being a dirty ol man. The Club had a live stage on the walk in level and they spun records downstairs and on the top floor they had pillows. It was a membership only club and it was located at La Cienega Blvd. and the cross street was either San Vincente or 3rd st. It originally called "The Millionaire Club" but when the boys played there it was an after hours club, It opened at 11:00pm and closed at 5:00am and the name of it was "The Climax" and it was owned by a guy named Mike who was later shot in N.Y.C. and it was down the street from Jeans West. Anyway I am curious if they remember that venue because that is where I use to see them play live and I would sure like to hear back from you or the guys if they remember that place. Do you remember them there I'm not sure of your age but this is a bit of C & C trivia.....
PEACE!!
Bob
August 22, 2008 03:06PM
I remember Tommy mentioning that club a while ago. I don't recall what he said.
Tommy remembers all the places they played.

-WM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login