ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Tommy in Recovery?

Posted by SonOfSamwise 
Tommy in Recovery?
February 14, 2005 04:28PM

I heard Tommy on a public radio station.
If I'm not mistaken he told the interveiwer he was in recovery.
Is that true or did I miss something?

I saw the interveiw online, but my connection ain't fast enough to listen to it.
It's garbled.

Weedmaster, please gimme a clue.

:-)

The panzer tracks of Leviathan roll slow and incrementally, clouding enlightenment while crushing liberty like an oiled, Orwellian machine.
-------- Son of Samwise, 1998.

Weedmaster
Re: Tommy in Recovery?
February 16, 2005 04:14AM
You took his comment out of context. He wasn't indicating he's in rehab or anything.
-WM
February 16, 2005 02:03PM

I didn't hear him say anything about rehab.
All I thought I heard him say is that he had quit for almost a year.

I know this is probably not the best thing to be discussing on the internet regarding someone who just got his fat out of the fascist fire - especially for one with such a high public profile.
It's easy for me to say 'fock the fascists,' but I'm not the one who has to pay Tommy's legal fees.

The truth is I got busy with life's shit over the years and lost track of Tommy's fate.
But in the 70s' I wore with pride a frayed denim patch with a skillfully drawn picture of Tommy sewn on the back of my frayed and worn levi vest.
I think I found the picture we used to make the drawing right here on this website and it is now strewn with reverence across my entire desktop.

Tommy is a good man.

Anyway, I had just finished writing a story where I used C&C (especially Tommy) as a recurring and symbolic motif.
I was amazed to have stumbled into the middle of the NPR interview only days after finishing the story.

The longstanding influence of C&C on my life is accurate, especially in the early part of the tale.
Symbolizing Tommy as a Franciscan Monk near the end, however, might have gone a bit astray.

In writing the tale I realized that C&C’s influence has been forever weaved into the fabric of my existence the same way Tommy’s image was etched into that denim patch more than 30 years ago.
Such influence, I am pleased to say, makes up some of the most lustrous threads in the tapestry of my life.

I wouldn’t mind posting the tale here, but I don’t want to be presumptuous or place it here if it will seem, as you say, “out of context.”

Respectfully

Son of Samwise

P.S. Email is a good way to make responses you may deem not appropriate for a public forum.

S

:-)

The panzer tracks of Leviathan roll slow and incrementally, clouding enlightenment while crushing liberty like an oiled, Orwellian machine.
-------- Son of Samwise, 1998.

August 25, 2006 01:38AM
That's the way I took the NPR interview also is that he had to be "good" (wink,wink) in jail and out while on probation. He post poned the tour until he was off probation because the audience was all high durring it and it was hard for him!! It would be hard for me since I have not smoked in months and drank in years!!

DEADMAN
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login