ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

Nice Dreams

Nice Dreams
March 02, 2005 06:15PM
Hello,
Cheech and Chong are my favorite actors and I would die just to smoke a bowl with them or at least see them for a couple seconds. Since I am such a big fan,I watch their movies often and understand pretty much all of them exept for one. I was wondering, in the last scene of the movie "Nice Dreams," Cheech and Chong are shown laying back, relaxing, and it appears that their nice dream of their own island came true after recovering their money from the crazy dude in the mental hospital. However, suddenly what looks like paradise turns out to be some job that Cheech and Chong got for some reason. Cheech mentions to Chong, "Well if you didnt loose the money we wouldnt have this job" or something like that. It is a little difficult to figure out wheither Chong lost the money a second time, or what the heck happened, but there is not point in the movie that shows Chong loosing the money a second time. So why do they have this job? Did Chong loose the money again? It really doesent make sense to me. Maybe the video that I have of the movie has some scenes taken out in order to fit the time requirements and didnt show this? I dont know. If someone could please clear this up I would thank them greatly so please, someone reply me with the answer. Thank you.
Jim
Re: Nice Dreams
March 10, 2005 10:07AM
Jameson (Fetch) Feterl -

[ Cheech mentions to Chong, "Well if you didnt loose the money we wouldnt have this job" or something like that. It is a little difficult to figure out wheither Chong lost the money a second time, or what the heck happened, but there is not point in the movie that shows Chong loosing the money a second time. So why do they have this job? Did Chong loose the money again? It really doesent make sense to me. ]

In my opinion, I think that this is supposed to imply that "Man" lost the money again. It's not depicted or described as how though as you mentioned. It's obviously supposed to be a joke of sorts meaning (to which I'm translating as) "Man" is so dumb that he must've lost it AGAIN. Which is why they have the job.

Also a running "theme" through out the movie is that Pedro wants to be rich and have topless waitresses,"pina colonics" in the sun, throw joints down to the "little people" and basically chill out in paradise. When "Howie the Hamburger Dude" scammed "Man" the 1st time Pedro told "Man" since he lost the $ there'd be no "pina colonics in the sun", no "Vato Land", no guitar in every room, NO ROOM!

So I think they were trying to tie in the idea of losing the $ again (somehow) and they became the "Sun Kings In Paradise". Only it was not the "paradise" they wanted or expected. They almost parodied their own joke. It's a mild ironic twist to what they were striving for through out the whole movie. Hope this helps you understand it. At least thats how I interpreted it.

I think the end of "Cheech and Chong's Next Movie" is probably a more brief and odd ending than "Nice Dreams". But I guess they had to end it somehow. But all of this aside I can't wait for the new movie. I hope Stadanko and alot of the other characters are in it. Not to mention that I think when they are ready to finally retire for good that they make 1 final one that is a massive flashback of all the best of all the movies. And they have a REAL resolve to the characters and story(s).

I think they should make an mp3, palm pilot, or portable DVD player that you can constantly change the storylines, ends, ect. to all or any of their movies via a memory chip(s). That would be like writing your OWN movie to any cheech and chong flick everytime you watch it. Interactive and everything.

EITHER OF YOU TWO GUYS READING THIS OUT THERE?!?!?!?

Secure your retirements and please all your fans at once for a LONG time! I won't even consider thinking of trying to take credit legally for the idea. It could be a retail monster for your market!

Hope my movie info babbling helped. Rock on.....
March 10, 2005 04:43PM
Thanks for the info!
Jameson Feterl
Cronic
March 16, 2005 04:30AM
Ya I want to smoke a bowl with them to they are my favrote actors i just dedicated my last bowl of cronic to them YA
March 25, 2005 05:16AM
i don't really think that it matters how the money was lost. i think the point is that they are broke at the end.If you think about it in up in smoke they drove around in a van made of weed and still ended up broke.In nice deams they had all the weed they could ask for and all the money they needed but wound up broke.In things are tough all over they were in a car full with 5 million dollars and ended up in the desert with nothing.the point is they would make even less sense if they actually got what they wanted.there would be no more adventures.
Jim
March 27, 2005 11:17AM
Hey that's a good point! I don't know why but I never saw that angle of it. Cool. But I doubt if they DID have $ and dope they'd stop having any more adventures. You and I both know that Cheech and Tommy are always good for coming up with new ideas. They'd probably hang with the "rich crowd" like Prince Charles and toke up with him or or something! LOL! Shit, they're even making a new flick now.....
August 25, 2006 01:31AM
No new flick!! DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEADMAN
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login