ADVERTISE ON OUR SITE

LOL to Cheech

Posted by C.C. 
LOL to Cheech
August 23, 2004 07:09AM
Dear Cheech,

I think you're an hysterical man & I've seen all your movies. My favorite one is Born in East L.A. I just hate that Universal/Goodtimes or whoever did a poor job of releasing it. They cut a lot of scenes & released 2 versions. Whenever anybody wants to see it, they gotta see the Comedy Central version & their choice of the VHS/DVD version. That's silly,man. You know what you should do? In a few years, in 2007, it'll be 20 years since its release. You should re-release a special Born in East L.A. 20th anniversary DVD edition with extended time, deleted scenes, commentary,etc or at least think about it. That'd be cool. I would love to see that happen & I know others do too. That movie rocked & sent a message to everybody about the Mexican community. It proved that Mexicans are hard workers just like everybody else & nothing less. I'm not even Mexican, I'm Puerto Rican, & I know how that feels. Blacks & Hispanics suffer more discrimation than other people. It's not fair. People gotta stop looking at Hispanics as spics, wetbacks,"a hole in the wall",etc. Take Oklahoma for example. I'm from The Bronx in New York City but I live in Tulsa,Oklahoma now. People down here are ignorant. They take a look at me & assume I'm mixed or Mexican. They don't know what a Puerto Rican looks like.So in closing, Cheech, if you found anything in this letter offensive, I'm sorry. I wish to see you one day & I wish you could come down here to Tulsa like for my 19th birthday next month. I would be so happy if you came to act on my birthday, Sept 27th. LOL Cheech Marin!!!

Cathryn Castro
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.bxbombshell27@yahoo.com
mike oxbig
Re: LOL to Cheech
October 11, 2004 08:24PM
do you know what LOL means? shit i thought your post was gonna make me laugh...
October 26, 2004 02:41PM
I know what you are talking about. I am also fromthe bronx, off of fordam road and they are certain people that treat me different because I am puerto rican. I have a friend that at first when we meet she thought I was mix with black and she did ont reallt want to be my friend because her family have a problem with black people. SO I am goino to talk to you later.
October 30, 2005 12:33PM
my kids say LOL in Aol Instant Messenger it means laughing out loud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login